Paracetamol 500 mg and ibuprofen 150 mg
Contains maize starch
Adults and children over 12 years: Take 1 or 2 tablets with a large glass of water. Repeat dose every 4-6 hours as required, up to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Maxigesic® is not recommended for children under 12 years. Keep to the recommended dose. Do not use for more than 72 hours except on the advice of your doctor.
Maxigesic® is for the relief of minor and temporary ailments and should be used strictly as directed. Prolonged or excessive use can be harmful.
Do not take Maxigesic®:
- If you have a stomach ulcer.
- If you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin, paracetamol or anti-inflammatory medicines.
- In the last 3 months of pregnancy.
- In the presence of a stomach ulcer or other stomach disorders, impaired kidney function or heart failure.
Unless a doctor has told you to, do not take Maxigesic®:
- With other medicines you are taking regularly
- With other medicines containing ibuprofen, aspirin, paracetamol or other anti-inflammatory medicines
- If you have asthma
- If you are trying to become pregnant or during the last 6 months of pregnancy
- If you are taking anticoagulant medication, medication for high blood pressure, diuretics, lithium, methotrexate or other medicines for pain relief
- If you are aged 65 years of age or over.