- Classic flavor
- 4mg dosage
- 105 pieces in each box
- Non-coated gum
- Comparable to Nicorette Original
Nicotrol Gum is an NRT product intended to help you give up smoking by relieving withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings for nicotine. Nicotrol gum comes in 2mg and 4mg dosages and classic and mint flavors. Each piece of gum is white in color and non-coated. There are 105 pieces of gum in each box and 15 pieces in each blister pack. Nicotrol Classic gum is comparable to Nicorette Original gum.
For best results, chew 8-12 pieces, with a maximum of 24 pieces of gum a day. Those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day or who have not quit smoking using the 2mg strength should start with the 4mg strength. Otherwise, use the 2mg strength.
Chew Nicotrol Gum slowly using the “Park-n-chew” method. You should chew only ONE gum at a time. Each gum lasts about 30 minutes. Do not take more than one piece of gum an hour.
For Combination Therapy, apply a nicotine patch to an intact area of skin. Remove the nicotine patch before going to bed. After applying the nicotine patch, use the Nicotrol 2mg Gum whenever a craving occurs. Take a maximum of 12 pieces of gum a day while using a patch. Combination Therapy using Nicotrol Gum and a nicotine patch lasts for 12 weeks. After this time, you should slowly stop using NRT altogether by either:
- Use a nicotine patch Step 2 for two weeks while using the same number of pieces of gum in a day. When the patch is no longer needed, gradually reduce the number of pieces of gum until you no longer need them. OR
- Stop using Step 1 nicotine patch and then gradually reduce the number of Nicotrol 2mg Gum pieces that you use until you no longer need them.
Each gum contains either 2mg or 4mg of nicotine. The chewing gum base contains butylated hydroxyl toluene (E321). Other ingredients are:
- chewing gum base,
- sodium carbonate anhydrous,
- sorbitol powder,
- sorbitol solution,
- sodium bicarbonate (2mg only),
- quinoline yellow (4mg only),